Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The "Tuesday Tireds"

Simply thinking about Tuesday makes me feel exhausted. The not able to get out of bed, go to the gym, pick out an outfit in the morning kind of exhausted. It's the word. Tuesday. Doesn't the sound of it make you want to snuggle up in your bed, pull up the covers, sink down into the mattress and devour an educational (ok...mystery for me) book? Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks of the "Tuesday Tireds". But whatever it is, it hits me like a ton of bricks each week.

However...this week was different. Don't get me wrong, I'm still exhausted. But instead of wanting to climb into my sanctuary of a bed, I have willed myself to think grateful thoughts through out the day: grateful for the need to get up for a job, grateful to have a bed to climb in and out of and grateful to feel tired because it means I've put in lots of hard work and have been walking on my own two feet. It is not often that I am consciously grateful for these simple things in life. Not that the other things aren't things to be grateful for. But there are few occasions that I even ponder these wonderful things (got to get another word for things). So today, instead of thinking and acting on the "Tuesday Tireds", I decided to be grateful for them.

Besides the gratitude of each week bringing the "Tuesday Tireds", I am grateful for many other wonderful and simple things...

- The sun was shining through my windows all day
- It was light out on my drive to work
- I came home in the light (what?!)
- Daffodils were poking their heads up outside of work.
- Dinner was cooking - garlic, basil, tomatoes, rosemary....delish!
- A good glass of wine was awaiting my arrival home.
- A stack of clean laundry on my bed.
- Finding out I get to see my brothers, sister-in-law and dear friend all in one weekend.

So, on this day of the "Tuesday Tireds", what are you grateful for?

Peace,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment