Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ode to Breakfast


One of the things I love most about the weekend is....BREAKFAST. There's nothing quite like taking your sweet time in the morning to mosey on over to a little breakfast spot.  This beloved meal, my personal favorite, is always tasty, reliable, and relaxing. Sitting and enjoying breakfast is something I am truly grateful for.



Breakfast my love...
-You can recognize all the options on the menu, 
no need for clarifications from your waiter.
-restaurant coffee                   
-Mimosas or Bloody Mary's
-good company 
-small vases of flowers on the table
-omelettes
-beautiful pastries
-brunch
-toast: sourdough, wheat, rye, etc.
-No need to bother with the dessert menu...just order waffles with strawberries if you have a sweet tooth
-Coffee refill...they keep it coming!
-If you are on a budget, breakfast never breaks the bank.
-hashbrowns (are they going to be the long skinny crisp potatoes, or seasoned squares of heaven??)
-Jam on the table and the search for the best flavor.
-A great start to the day!                                                  
  
     Breakfast, sweet breakfast, thank you for your predictability wherever I go. I know I will find the basics (eggs, toast, pancakes, bacon, etc.). Thanks for the bottomless coffee refill.  Breakfast, sweet breakfast, thanks for starting my day of right.


xo Mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment