Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Martes y Agradecido

Martes y Agradecido (Tuesday and Grateful) is the only thing I could think of when my husband e-mailed me this picture...


I received a package from my old host family in Spain, the host family who welcomed me into their home as if I were one of their own. A host family who taught me Spanish, comforted me when my purse was stolen and a host family who allowed my two friends to stay at their house while visiting me (albeit they had to sleep on mats for the swimming pool...uncomfortable - thanks K & Z!). They took me into their home for nearly a year and even bought an internet package so I could obsessively check e-mail and surf the web (do we say that anymore?!) for hours on end. Bless them. Today was a very exciting day. A few months back I had sent pictures of my wedding, updated them on our lives and thanked them for their grace and kindness...and their patience for reading my letters in Spanish. :) I can't express the gratitude I have for this family, they had a profound effect on my life, my future and my dreams. I could never thank them enough, even if I could in English. They will never understand the deep gratitude for the months spent as part of their family...I wholeheartedly miss them, a feeling of homesickness and a desire to see them will someday take me back to their home, and maybe even my husband could come along this time.


           Why is a letter in another language so beautiful? 




 Happy Valentine's Day to me from a wonderful husband!



I'm keeping this as blackmail, just in case the husband forgets...

I am also grateful for...
- catching up with dear friends
- a future dinner date with a lovely friend
- new music - how lame is it that my little brother has to download the music for me?!
- carpooling
- new wooden spoons...not sure if that was a V-day gift for me or for my husband who does the   cooking
- Anthro Capri Blue candle...obsessed!
- new jobs
- mail, better yet, packages from long ago friends!
- a good book
- fresh flowers 

Grateful beyond words,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment