Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tuesday's Day of Love...A Little Late

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I'm sure many of those in love are eagerly anticipating this day. I often wonder why we wait for the one time of the year to express love...not simply amorous love, but love that comes in the form of friendship and familiar relationships. Although we may share our love with our special significant other, Valentine's is a day to show how much we love many of those who touch our daily lives. For me, Valentine's day means having a party with 29 excited faces in my classroom, a lovely dinner, some flowers and a card to my one and only. This year though, I have aimed for something slightly different. Never a true "crafty" girl, I have recently begun my quest to creativity. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the fact that I have my own place, or maybe it's because I'm in hibernation mode. But whatever it is, I love it. During a time of financial budgeting, my husband and I are looking for something a little less costly. So, with my new-found craftiness and my desire to show my love in a less-expensive way, I have made these little beauties...

These are felt hearts, hand-stitched with pockets for little treats to fit inside quite perfectly. While they may not contain highly-treasured items, I do believe my husband will be surprised (not just by the tiny gifts, but rather for the fact that I have created something) and will hopefully enjoy a small gesture of love.

So during this month of expressing love, who or what are you grateful for?

Me....I am grateful for those who have showed me loved, those who have taught me love and those whom I have loved.

With Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment