Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow...

Oh how lucky I am to have the kind of job where I get to be excited about the possibility of a snow day... and count me all the luckier (uh-huh, luckier...) that I get to see the excitement of snow through the eyes of 23 six and seven year olds. Today at school we had flurries flying throughout the day and I giggled to myself each time I heard one of the littles share about how they were going to spend their snow day... I wish I could say that I remember when I used to get so excited, only it's not a memory thing, because I still get that excited. I love the snow! I love being cozy in my little house with blankets upon blanket, tea and a great book. I love that I crave using my crock-pot when the thought of snow hits. I love that our news covers these snow storms like it is the biggest news to hit the northwest since... well who knows when! AND, I don't even mind if it doesn't end up snowing, just the excitement of it all and the buzz that surrounds a storm to be is great!


So, in the hopes that we will have an Arctic Blast 2011 I leave you with the words of the great Bing Crosby...




Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing 
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
I'll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I'll build a man that's made of snow
I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
Go to sleep 
And dream 
Of snow


So, here's to snow... AND, here's to acting like a six year old!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment