Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ahhh the scenic route

Thursdays are busy days in my world. By the time I am heading home from work  traffic is usually backed up and it is a "stop and go" process. But today, right as I was thinking "Ugh, the traffic is horrible" I saw the hugest full moon behind the trees. I couldn't help but smile and think how beautiful my drive is and how beautiful OREGON is! I truly get to take the scenic route every day in this state. The other thing that I realized was how much I actually appreciate my drive home. It is the one time in my day that is quiet and calm and I can just think, listen to music, and be. As a true introvert, I find that I get the most energy and relaxation from spending a little independent time, and this period from work to home gives me that each day. So my new idea is that on days when there is more traffic, it must be God telling me I need a little more time to work through my thoughts. And for that...I am grateful.

Here are a few more things I am grateful for:
-Green green Oregon, so many beautiful plants and trees
-Patience...I am tested on this every day
-Loving who I get to come home to.
-radio station 94.7
-My dad  saying "I love you" at the end of every phone call.
-hazelnut creamer
-my sudden appreciation of the Golf Channel (thanks to my hubbie)
-Modern Family
-girl scout cookies (specifically Thin Mints and Tagalongs)
-Having the most amazing coworkers who truly are some of the most amazing friends.
-pictures from a trip
-Cheerios
-Etsy
-beautiful, beautiful  friends

Happy Thursday
xo   -M

No comments:

Post a Comment