Friday, March 11, 2011

You've Got Mail



"I turn on my computer. I wait patiently as it connects. I go online. My breath catches in my chest until I hear 3 little words, "You've Got Mail". I hear nothing, not a sound on the streets of New York. Just the beat of my own heart. I have mail...from you." (You've Got Mail)


Those who know me well, know that if I was left on a deserted island, this single movie might just be the one survival item I need. Many quotes from You've Got Mail bring me joy, peace, and a sense of predictability that is so comforting. One quote in particular made me think of this new adventure into blogging.


"The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."

(YGM)

Isn't this so true. I find that blogging has given me this exact feeling. Today I am grateful for all those little nothings that mean more to me than so many somethings.

-Favorite movies
-bouquets of sharpened pencils
-coffee shops
-"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
-Anne of Green Gables
-Anne of Avonlea
-friendship
-Daisies, aren't they the friendliest flower?
-Honey
-Story Telling
-F-O-X (as in Joe Fox)
-typewriters
-Cranberries, "All My Life"
-The Fall
-Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan
-love
-Being with "the one single person who fills my world with joy". 



I hope you are finding joy in your world today!
xo M


No comments:

Post a Comment