Friday, March 4, 2011

Isn't it Ironic...

This week was a very rough week at school.  Not only did we see patients for the first time, which was overwhelming/stressful but there was a lot of emotional drama happening.  All in all there were mounds of tension and stress.  Yikes. I was really starting to hate it and wanted to give up.  Oh, and did I mention that Joe was gone this week in Texas?   All this girl needed was a hug.

A while back, I had volunteered to help in the interview process for the new applicants for our dental hygiene program.  The interviews were today and after the week's events I was not looking forward to it.  However, as soon as I saw the nervous, excited faces of the applicants it all came rushing back to me.  I quickly remembered how bad I wanted to get into the program and that I would have done just about anything to get in.  I couldn't even imagine the thought of not being accepted - I wanted it so much.

Fast forward to today again - as I was driving home from a long week of school and having just finished trying to answer all the questions of the eager new applicants, it dawned on me how fortunate I am.  I had gotten exactly what I wanted.  The things that matter the most to me tend to cause the best and the worst of stress...getting through the bad stress makes it mean even more.  So while this week wasn't my favorite of weeks, I survived and learned a few things along the way...


*I can lean on my classmates for support and encouragement
*I always need to practice having humility and grace 
*Simply saying "I'm sorry" can mean a lot to someone
*Simply saying "I'm sorry" can speak volumes
*I should never believe that I am anything less than my best

My MOST thankful thing of the week:  the huge hug that will be landing tonight at PDX.  I may never let go.

Hugs to you all :)
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment