Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Wednesday

Today I am thankful for the art of reading and the time to do so, which spring break affords me so wonderfully! I love to read everything I can get my hand on: magazines, newspapers, books and blogs, oh, blogs! The following is a list of my latest favorites...

Magazines
Mother Earth News
Sunset
Edible Portland

Newspapers
The Oregonian, I wait for Tuesday's Food Day to come out every week!
Willamette Week

Books...a list of my most recent reads
The Merde series (one of my girlfriends and I are reading our way through this three part series, we are on part two. They call him the anti-Mayle, which I think is wildly funny and so true, being a girl who has read each and every book by Peter Mayle and loved them all!)
Growing a Farmer
Householder's Guide to the Universe
Any and all River Cottage cookbooks!
The new Homemade Living series, I have the Chickens book and the Preserving book... can't wait to get the Home Dairy and Bee Keeping!


Blogs
SouleMama... my absolute favorite. My loving husband gifted me her two books for Christmas last year! I can't wait for her next book, which she wrote with her husband; it comes out this summer!
Small Measure
Posie Gets Cozy
Angry Chicken

Ahhh, reading! Earlier this week I was watching an old episode of Martha Stewart, taking a break from reading to do some heavy t.v. watching, and Fred Armisen from Portlandia was on... anyway, Martha shared a fun fact: Portland is the most literary city in the nation. More books are purchased and read in Portland than any other city in the country! (how they know how many books are read in the city, I just don't know) And as one of the wonderful women on this blog recently reminded us, we are oh so lucky to share our city with the fabulous Powell's (the store in which I could most possibly keep in business with my obsession passionate love for books!)

Happy Reading!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment