Friday, April 29, 2011

Let them eat cake!

I know that the anticipation of the Royal Wedding was spoken of already, but now that it has happened we are in need of a recap.  It was smashing!
I woke up an extra 30 min early so that I could run into the living room and fast forward to all the best parts...especially Kate's Her Royal Highness Duchess of Cambridge's secret DRESS!
I must say, after watching the fabulous guests stroll in, I may just have to make it a rule that the guests at my future nuptials MUST wear HATS! or fasteners! I am in love with all the hats! Some were ridiculous, yes.  But overall, the hats set the tone for the royal affair....and it just seems so fun!
My anticipation has been building for a while for this wedding.  I have watched the biographies, the Lifetime movie, all the Royal Wedding details shows, and pondered which designer would win the coveted title of designing the dress of the decade.  So when Kate was first shown leaving her hotel and entering her 'commoner' Rolls Royce (doesn't every commoner have one of those??), all my built up anticipation resulted in tears.  Not an uncommon activity of my tear ducts as I cry at any little thing that has the slightest emotion tied to it.  But embarassing, nonetheless, as Joe glanced over at me to see a single tear roll down my cheek.





And then the big moment.  Princess Kate stepped out of the car and revealed the MUCH anticipated moment...and it was glorious.  At first, I was slightly underwhelmed.  I must admit.  She stood up and the dress seemed a lot simpler than I expected.  She has a very classic style that is simple and elegant.  But everyone has been talking about this dress like it is going to set fashion standards - that idea fogged my brain for a second.  And then that cloud passed, and I saw how truly beautiful she looked.  The dress was a perfect silhouette on her and had such amazing lace detail.  It was truly a timeless gown fit for a princess.  I can't get over how amazing she looked.










Besides the dress, my next favorite part was lip reading William saying, 'You look so beautiful' when he was first able to see his bride - ahhhh my heart melted.  I just love these two and their fairy tale romance. It is something fun to fantasize about during mundane weeks of work and school.
I was curious if Kate would change dresses after the ceremony.  And, alas, of course she did! She is a princess after all!  I think I love this dress just the same as the first, if not more! It is perfect for a royal reception...



Oh, what a magical day!  Best of luck to the newly wedded royals!  I would definitely detail out more of my favorite parts but I have date night with my own prince charming tonight :) 
I think it goes without saying that today I am grateful for the magic and wonderment of a Royal Wedding. Thanks, Kate, for living out every little girl's childhood dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment