Tuesday, April 12, 2011

gratitude at its best

I'd just like to say that for the first time since living in Portland, I visited Kell's. Strange as it may seem, Kell's has one rockin' happy hour. And this girl looooves happy hour. My husband and I decided a date night was exactly what the doctor ordered, so on a lovely Thursday evening we headed out to our destination. We soon discovered that this was one of the better happy hours in town, price-wise. And did you know that you can donate $1.50 to Emanuel Children's Hospital while dining on heavenly sweet potato fries, burgers and salads? Not only are you giving a small token to a wonderful place - a place where several of my little family members have/will have visited in their lifetime - but you also get to see them wrap those cherished (and I say cherished because we have to pay, with quarters, to do our laundry) quarters up in the bill and toss it, full speed, up to the ceiling where it stays until the day comes where all donations are taken down and Kell's matches the amount and sends a lovely check to a good cause. Are you sold? Needless to say, we will be hightailing it back to Kell's shortly. Anyone have a hankering for a ice cold beer and hot burger??? So with gratitude, I dedicate this post to happy hours in Portland...and possibly a few other little things too...

- Serattos on NW 21st and Kearney: lots of choices, great wine, fun atmosphere
- Bar Bar on Mississippi: yup it has the same name twice - old fashioned burgers and fries
- Blue Hour on 13th : pretty drinks and lovely bites
- Andina on Glisan: I wish they had a happy hour, but you do order happy-hour-style
- Oba on 12th: best mojitos in town, my mouth is already watering thinking about summertime at Oba
- Bastas on 21st: long happy hour hours and delicious Italian food
- Pope House on Glisan and 20th: just don't go with my husband, he manages to convince people to drink more hard liquor than they should...
- Touche on 14th and Glisan: secret little place with a great humus plate and pizza

Other Things To Be Grateful For Today...
- walks on the bridges
- little successes
- carpools
- bridal showers
- pictures
- finding money in your pocket
- free laundry
- new blogs
- dogs on runs
- sun, sun, sun

Well now that my stomach is grumbling and my mouth watering, I am off to eat breakfast for dinner. What else could I ask for than eggs and toast?

Peace and blessings to all this week,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment