Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Cloudless Sky

It's happened people. The sun has finally come out to stay for longer than 10 minutes and it is absolutely glorious! I have forgotten what it feels like to step outside without shivering. Today I did not. I didn't have to wear my long, black, dreary and depressing winter coat. I even wanted to go for a run today, yes a run. You read it correctly. I ran. I ran longer than 10 minutes too...sad I know. I put on my headphones hoping the battery wouldn't run out because it had been so long since I used it. I tied my keys to my shoelaces and headed out the door to let my feet hit the pavement. The sun hit my face and I could even feel the freckles pop up and the vitamins soak into my skin. All I could think of was...gratitude. Gratitude for the nasty Oregon weather that turns everything green and gratitude for the ability to take a run with my own two legs. I could not have asked for a better way to end a long day at work.

Other things I am grateful for...
- sunglasses
- a new hair dryer
- comfy shoes
- swings
- laughter
- pictures in frames
- putting the down comforter away
- Holy Week
- blogging
- borrowed shirts
- changing trees

Peace to you on this sunny Tuesday,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment