Monday, May 30, 2011

The Beauty of Nature

I spent the long weekend camping with my family in Northern California.  There is nothing better than a camping trip.  How can you not like the feeling of being in the great outdoors, becoming one with nature?  Four days of sleeping under the stars with the breeze through our tent, a campfire in the morning to cut the bite in the air, fresh percolated coffee first thing when you wake up, smores made over the evening coals and four whole days of no makeup or looking into a mirror even.  We went on a couple of beautiful hikes around the area and saw some amazing waterfalls.  It really is spectacular to think about the natural beauty all around us.  Today I am grateful for being so lucky to live in such an amazing area with natural wonders out our door step.




Other things Im grateful for today...

a hot shower (its never felt so good)
precious time spent with my family
new cozy sleeping bags
the tired feeling you get after a athletic activity
a cold beer
sun on my face
sitting around the campfire
genuine laughter
sauteed onions and mushrooms
ice cream on a cone
road trips
an old joke that never gets old
a new joke
new neighbors
noises out in nature
my Keens
cereal
coffee creamer
And.... my puppy (well, my parents puppy) he is the cutest EVER!


Love you all
K
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment