Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grateful for Technology




Annnnnnd I'm back. It's been quite some time since I have posted on this lovely little blog...mostly because of my computer, or lack thereof. For months now I have had troubles with computers, phones, t.v. connections, and the list goes on. It always amazes me how much we rely on technology {namely - the internet and cell phones}. I get frustrated when I can't connect to the internet and don't even try helping me if my computer takes longer than 30 seconds to do its job. Seething. That's the only word I can think of when it comes to broken/non-working computers.

However...I absolutely LOVE, love, LOVE technology when it's up and running. Within the past couple of weeks I have been fortunate enough to be able to buy a new cell phone [finally got rid of the ole Samsung flip phone], and receive a new laptop from a dear cousin {quite the gift if you ask me!}. So between our old desktop, my brother's dinosaur-of-a-laptop, one phone that works and one that has seen better days, we have finally upgraded in the world of technology. I am loving every minute of my new gadgets. I am NOT a gadgets girl. In fact, I prefer simplicity, the less is more concept. But I must say that I wholeheartedly enjoy the camcorder function on my new phone and the fact that I can watch t.v. AND play around on the computer at the same time.

With my husband going to school, I am very grateful for reliable {and twin, might I add} phones, a solid computer and the capability to real-time chat with him while he is away!

Gratitude List...
- weddings
- finding gift cards you didn't remember having
- family members who help you move
- family members who let you live with them
- school supplies shopping
- memories
- Law & Order (any one of them!)
- babies
- Vancouver B.C.
- good health
- IKEA

I hope your summer has been filled with berry picking, bbq's, weddings, weekend trips and lots more fun!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment