Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A BRIGHT idea for being creative!

Over the past couple of weeks I have tried to tap into my inner artist.  I am trying to be a little creative each and every day and thanks to the help of friends with similar thinking, internet DIY projects, and some craft supplies I feel I am doing just that!


On Monday my dear cousin and I gathered CLEARANCE craft supplies and I made a little sign with some of my new items.

Today I have been on the hunt for a new project...
Recently I have been looking at different lamp shades to finish my flea market lamp find. As I searched for the perfect shade I decided that just maybe I needed to create the perfect one myself. So after a little research I found a great idea modeled after an Anthropologie shade. Off I went to pick out fabrics...who knew fabric could make you feel so happy! 

After, I went to Goodwill to find an old lamp shade for $4.99. I then set out to complete my project. 


Ta-da!!! A beautiful DIY lamp shade. I feel so proud and I cannot wait to officially add it to my lamp.
Today I am grateful for:
-Creativity
-blogs with GREAT ideas
-fabric
-shabby chic decor
-tacky glue
-good background movies
-coffee with an old friend 
-random Tuesdays


Maybe during the month of July we can add ways we are being creative into our gratitude posts??? Whether you are making a cd, working in your garden, singing in the shower, or painting a picture I bet we could all try something new this month.  I challenge you all to try something creative! (I am sure most of my girlfriends are probably doing just that right now!) 
Hmmm...what should I try next!?
Lots of love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment